Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rare opportunity

About a month ago, my daughter's speed skating coach asked me if I'd be interested in attending a day long seminar with a National Team Coach. The catch was that it was on a Friday, just before Christmas. After looking at how much leave I still had left, I quickly said yes to this limited opportunity.

It turns out that my daughter's coach happens to be the sister of Jonathon Cavar and he is planning on being home for the holidays. This allowed the club, along with our coach, the opportunity to secure some ice time and have him put on a full day of on and off ice training, for both our club's coaches, our competitive skaters, and coaches and skaters from neighboring clubs.

It should be lots of fun and informative and should really help me when working with the kids from my daughters club. I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome opportunity! Be a sponge and soak up all the information!

    ReplyDelete