Friday, July 3, 2009

Cayenne Pepper

That is some HOT stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I love hot food, but when you put too much, it definitely takes away from the flavour. And that is where I am right now. Today's vegetable juice is called Spiced Carrot and consists of Broccoli, Carrots, Ginger, Cinnamon, and Cayenne Pepper. It was suppose to also include Spinach but I was out, so I didn't add it. The recipe called for 1/8 tsp of Cayenne pepper, but since I more than double my ingredients I decided to add 1/4 tsp and then another 1/8 tsp. Well, right now my mouth and throat are on fire! I like it, but my juice doesn't have any other taste to it and that I don't like that. I do have a hint of ginger, but the heat over powers that pretty quickly. So be careful when adding spicy herbs to a juice as they might just affect how you enjoy it.

Bottoms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment