Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update of my numbers

So I took my measurements on the weekend and I was quite surprised. Since I started drinking these juices each day (over 3 weeks ago), I've managed to lose 7 lbs. That is a little more than 2 lbs per week, which fits nicely within a healthy way of losing weight. You always hear about people who can drop 5-10lbs per week, the first couple of weeks they started dieting, but then gain it back shortly after stopping the diet. I really don't want to be one of those people, and it is not healthy to lose large amounts of weight all at once. It is better to let your body re-adjust to its new weight gradually so that your metabolism works with the weight you currently have. I really don't consider what I'm doing to be a diet, as I had some "bad" food for me this weekend, but I still drank my juices. I'm looking at this juicing as a way to control my hunger, add healthy nutrients to my body, and lose some weight without starving myself.

For my other measurements, I did lose 0.5 inches off my waist, I lowered my upper blood pressure number, but my lower number and heart rate were a little higher than usual. Not sure why, but I will continue to monitor it over the next couple of weeks.

On a side note, today's vegetable juice, called Red Devil, consists of Tomatoes, Radishes, Red Pepper, Beets, Parsley and Cayenne Pepper, while my fruit juice, called Creamy Pineapple, consists of Pineapples, Mangoes, Blueberries and Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment