Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kids can be so much fun sometimes

Yesterday, shortly after arriving home from work, I was walking into our living room while reading some letters we had received in the mail. My son, happy to see, decided to come up to me and punch me in the lower region. You know the one, if hit it will bring a man to tears. Well it hurt as he hit me solid and I went down to one knee instantly. My wife, now holding in her laughter, was then trying to explain to my son and daughters why daddy was on the floor in so much pain. Fun times I say.

Now later on, I take my son with me to get our haircut. Before making it to the place, I dropped by the bank so that I may deposit some cheques I had. In order to keep my son happy/distracted while I tallied the amounts and endorsed the cheques, I let him hold my bank card. Well, he thought he would help daddy by inserting the card into the machine. The only problem with that is that he inserted the card into the deposit slot and not the card slot. Crap, card is now gone, and won't return until someone can open the machine. Great, so much for making a deposit. Luckily there was a phone beside the machine that connected me to a help line, who then canceled my card and have issued me a new one, which I will get in a week. In the meantime, I can't deposit my cheques, and I am now walking around with them until my new card comes in. So if you happen to see me on the street, please don't roll me!

Overall, yesterday was a fun day for me and my son, well at least it was fun for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment