Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vacation, Renos and Stitches

Well I'm back to work after being off for 12 days (including weekends) and what an interesting week+ it was. The plan was to paint 4 rooms and fix up our 2nd bathroom (new floor, window frame and light fixtures). Well everything was going well until I thought it would be great to slice the top part of my thumb. After spending 5 hours in Emergency I left with 5 stitches and a partially torn tendon. That kinda put a halt to the renos for a few days. The wife managed to finish the floor in the bathroom and she did a wonderful job, then we hired someone to finish the window frame and I finished all the painting once everybody else was done.

So even though there was a setback, all work was completed before coming back to work. Now I get to rest a bit.

On a side note, I did weigh myself the other day and only gained 1 lbs during the month, which had over 2 weeks of holidays and not juicing everyday. Overall I'm still down 6 lbs since I started juicing, so that is good. I didn't get the chance to check out my blood pressure or waist size, but I will at some point this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment