Monday, August 24, 2009

Injury timeout

We interrupt this blog to report an injury.

Well I did it again. I pinched a nerve in my lower back last Friday and have been unable to do much ever since. The funny thing is that I did it reaching for the laundry soap! It has been several years since the last time I did it, and believe me, it is not a fun thing to go through. Especially since the only remedy is rest. No meds, heat or cold is going to help. All you have to do is rest as much as possible so that you don't aggravate it anymore. Unfortunately, with 3 kids and a dog, rest is not an option. And to make matters worse, my wife pulled something in her shoulder and she's not as functional as she would like. Ahh the joys of getting older.

So since I'm suppose to be resting, I'm going to have to hold off on the running for a few more days. Just when I was starting to get back into a rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment