Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good start

Well for those who haven't noticed yet, the NFL pre-season started last week. I really didn't pay any attention to those games, as my beloved NY Giants only played their first game last night. That one I watched in its entirety, and thankfully I did as it was finally decided on the last play of the game, in which they won. I know it is only pre-season, but a win is a win and they looked OK doing it.

Overall, I was happy with the RB's, as Jacobs and Bradshaw showed some good form. I was also happy with the new 3rd back, Danny Ware, as he showed some potential. The defense (first and 2nd string guys) looked good and put some decent pressure on the QB. The 3rd string guys only had the game ending play to brag about, so nothing unexpected there. The offensive line also looked good protecting Manning and Carr, while opening some nice holes for the RBs. The 3rd string guys couldn't give Woodson and Bomar any time to step back and throw the ball, so don't really know which of the 2 is better.

Now on to the WRs. Many people (analyst) are all over the Giants for not having a top WR. I say BS! As long as the guys run their routes, CATCH the ball and can make some plays after the catch, then they will be fine. NY Giants football is all about the power run. I know you have to pass a little to open up the run, but opponents expect to get a healthy dose of Jacobs (and Bradshaw) each time they play the Giants. Last night, all the WRs played well. There were no obvious drop balls and they helped move the chains on several occasions. Give these guys a chance to get in sync with Manning and I see good things from them.

I know it is only pre-season, and 1 game to boot, but I will say it here first:

Giants take the NFC East (12-4) and make it (at least) to the NFC Championship game this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment