Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Year

I celebrated (with my wife of course) my 6th wedding anniversary over the weekend. Hard to believe that we have been married for 6 years now, and ultimately together for 11 years. As a little surprise (she hates surprises) I decided to plan an evening out. I managed to convince her mother to watch our kids (and dog) for several hours while we set out on a 3 hour Sunset Dinner Cruise of the 1000 Islands. I say surprise as I only told my wife to be ready for a specific time and that we would be out for several hours. I finally told her were we were going once we got onto the highway.

Overall, It turned out to be very enjoyable evening. Dinner was a buffet, but still decent and the scenery was amazing. Because of limited seating on the boat/ship, we shared a table with several other people who were also celebrating anniversaries. The company was great and we spent a great part of dinner laughing and joking with each other. Topping off the night was seeing the sunset while cruising the river.

I would definitely recommend the boat cruise to anyone looking for something different. You can get all the details on the Rockport Boatlines website.

No comments:

Post a Comment