Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Personal Goals

I've decided, instead of setting New Year's resolutions, I will set some goals for 2010 and try to reach them.

Here's what I will try to accomplish:

Goal #1 - Lose 24 lbs.
That works out to 2 pounds a month, or 0.5 pounds a week. This is something that I should be able to reach, as it doesn't take much sacrifice to lose that little weight. The big key is that I need to be patient with my results and if I can, this time next year I'll be much healthier.

Goal #2 - Run 3 Half Marathons
The first will be in less than 3 weeks, while the 2nd should be at the end of May. The last will either be in September or October of this year. All of this training should help me reach Goal #1 and get me into a better shape than what I currently am in.

Goal #3 - Spend less money on irrelevant things.
What I'm looking to curb with this goal is the amount of money I spend each month on breakfast and lunch items when I'm at work. It is not that much money, but cutting this back, helps me put money towards other things, like possibly another NFL game in the fall.

Goal #4 - Focus more at work.
I know that if I can spend less time reading/writing blogs and/or browsing the Internet and spend more time doing actual work, my production would increase better than 1:1.

4 simple goals for 2010, that I will do my best to reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment