Thursday, June 18, 2009

Calmer?

So last night my 2 year old decided that he really wanted to sleep in our bed. Actually he decided that about 5 months ago and now the wife and I are getting tired of being kicked and hit while we sleep, so we are trying to break him of his habit. So shortly after 2am he stumbles into our room and tries to get into bed (we have managed to get him to fall asleep in his toddler bed, but at some point in the night he makes it over to our bed). My wife wants nothing to do with this so, through kicking and screaming, she puts him back into his room/bed. She then decides to sit there to make sure he gets back to sleep. Hey, whatever works. After 30mins of this she's had enough and comes back to bed. Well he follows along about 1 min after her and now it is my turn. He doesn't want anything to do with me, as he only wants his mommy. For the next 2 hours I am engaged in a battle to keep my son in his bed so he can spend the last few hours sleeping there. This is just great for me as once he does manage to fall asleep it's time for me to get up for work. Now if you are following along, I get up at 4:30am to go to work as I have a 1hr+ commute to my office every day. No big deal, I'm part of a carpool and we have fun on our way to work. Now getting back to this post. During the 2 hours I spent trying to get my son to stop crying/screaming I had a calm disposition going on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an angry person, but after several hours of being tired and screamed at, people do tend to lose their patience, and I am no exception to that rule. This made me wonder if it's because of my recent change in diet, specifically juicing. I have read that getting the proper nutrients daily does tend to make you feel much better about things because of less toxins in your body. I'm not saying that juicing is why I'm calmer, but I do feel that it could very likely have that effect on me. I guess we will know more the next time (probably tonight) my son decides that his bed is not where he wants to be to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment