Thursday, June 11, 2009

SYTYCD

Season 5 Top 20 started last night and I have to say I was impressed with all the dancers. If you are unsure, SYTYCD spells out So You Think You Can Dance. Now you know. To me, this is the best talent\reality show on TV. I know that AI is the most popular, but in all the season's of AI, never has there been a top 12 where all 12 have a legitimate shot a winning. Usually, early on, most people have a strong indication as to who will be the top 4. SYTYCD has 20 dancers who all have a legitimate shot at winning the competition, especially this year. Unfortunately, it comes down to popularity (as in AI) rather than talent, so the best dancer doesn't always win. None the less, the winners over the past 4 seasons have all been excellent dancers. What really separates SYTYCD from AI is that no matter the style, the dancers seem to be able to pull it off. Not only that, but the women are HOT (hey I'm a man, and men notice those things. plus my wife thinks several of the guys are good looking and have nice abs, whatever). Not so much the case in AI, especially when it comes to the different music genre. For example, some of the rockers try to do country or when the country singers try to do rock doesn't always work and the judges really let them know. Don't get me wrong, some can do it, but only some and not all.

Bottom line, I'm really looking forward to this season to see who will emerge as the favourites. I have some thoughts, but I will wait a few more weeks to see how they do with the different disciplines of dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment