Monday, June 29, 2009

Thyme, not on my side

No that is not a misspell of TIME, but the herb THYME. I have to say, why does anybody use it. It has been the cause of 2 of my juices tasting HORRIBLE. Last week's juice, which I thought was the tomatoes that was causing the horrible reaction turns out was too much THYME put into my juice. Again last night the recipe called for thyme and this time I put in less than asked for and today I'm having similar (not as strong though) feelings and effects from my juice. I'm almost half way through this juice and I SHOULD be able to finish it, but for future reference I will NOT be adding THYME to ANY of my drinks, or food for that matter. The stuff is strong tasting and really doesn't agree with me!!!

If you are wondering which ingredients are in my juices today, well, here they are:

Vegetable juice
==========
Tomatoes, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Basic, Thyme, Parsley, Beet, Turmeric, Cumin, Dill, Cayenne Pepper.

Fruit Juice (which is more like a smoothie than a juice)
======================================
Oranges, Strawberries, Raspberries, Cranberries.

I've also drank a cleansing drink this morning to see if that helps remove some of the toxins from my body so that I may get healthier. It consisted of 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp organic molasses (made by my brother-in-law) and a dash of cayenne pepper mixed into 300ml of room temperature water (non-chlorinated). To my surprise it tasted great even though it wasn't cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment