Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sick or Detoxing?

I woke up a few days ago and felt kinda crappy. I made a comment to my wife that I felt like I was hungover, which was kind of funny since it had been over a week since my last drink of alcohol. My throat was sore and I was fully congested. I did have some body aches and pains, but as the day went on, things went back to normal. By the time our company had left after supper, I was ready for bed as all my symptoms had quickly come back. I did have a few beers (2) with my friends, but that wasn't the reason. I thought I had a cold coming on so I went to bed early (10pm) and slept until 9am the next morning. I did wake up around 7 but felt even worse and my wife told to go back to bed. God love her for being so nice to me. The rest of the morning was spent relaxing as my symptoms weren't getting better. I wasn't taking any meds as generally a cold last 7 days on meds and 1 week off meds. I did make a vitamin C loaded juice (2 Oranges, 1 Grapefruit and 1/2 Lime) and that seemed to help with my congestion. As the day went on, I felt better until, again, after supper I had no energy. I went to bed before 10pm this time and knew I wouldn't be making it into work the next day. When I finally woke up at 7am, I again felt horrible. Same thing, different day. This cold was not going away without a fight. As the day went on I did managed to feel better and by the time I went to bed last night, I felt I could go to work today. 6 hours later, I was regretting that decision. This time I decided to take some cold medication to hopefully help me get through the day. Unfortunately they are not working. As I write this, I feel the worst I've felt over the past couple of days.

Now to the interesting part of this post. Earlier today I have spent some time looking for "green juice" recipes on the web and a common theme has come up. Many "green juices" are detoxifying juices. BINGO! Over the past several days I've been loading my body up with many varieties of vegetable and fruit juices that have been putting my body through some form of detoxification. I wasn't planning it, but I knew when I started that juicing is a great way to rid your body of all the bad stuff in it.

Don't get me wrong, I could very well be sick, but from reading about detoxification and it's symptoms, you are suppose to feel pretty crappy during this stage and should begin to feel better once most of the toxins have been removed from your body. I guess I will know more in a few days/weeks when everything is finally out. In the meantime, it is really hard to focus on things when you can't breath and you have a headache. The joys of juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment