Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Welcome to my blog

This is the 1st blog on this site, but not my 1st blog. I've been blogging for almost 1 year now and my other blog is poker related. You won't find any reference to my other blog here, nor there, as I wish to keep the 2 separate.

Now if you are reading this, you have found this site clearly by accident. My intentions with this blog aren't to 'tell it to the world' but to just have a place to put down some random thoughts about my life and life in general. Kind of a way to clear my head. If you like what you read, please follow along.

And now a bit about myself.

By the end of 2009, I will hit the BIG 4-0! Crazy that I've probably lived over half my life. That being said, my grandfather (dad's side) just passed away at the nice young age of 94. So there is hope that my genes will carry me far into my life expectancy. Now the reality is that I am currently overweight (over 80lbs), have high blood pressure (128/82) and borderline high cholesterol. These contributing factors, and the fact that my mom's parents both passed away from illnesses shortly after entering their 60's, tells me that if I don't make some life changes, I may not last long enough to enjoy a full life.

My interests include poker, reading, jogging, rollerblading and NFL football. I no longer play competitive sports, but did spend a good deal of my late teens up to my mid 30's playing basketball, softball, flag football, and volleyball. I also enjoy the game of golf, but now have problems finding the time to play. Since I took up jogging 4 years ago, I have completed 4 half-marathons and several 10km events. Unfortunately, during the past 8 months, my jogging has become non-existent, and that bothers me. Most days I'm motivated to run, but I have been dealing with shin splints that usually cut my jogs short. Personally I think it comes down to being overweight, and the undue pressure I'm putting on my legs.

As for work, I'm employed, and have been with the same company for 8 years now. I enjoy what I do, but there are days that the interest is just not there. I won't bore you with the details, just know that it has to do with computers.

On a personal side, I have been married now for almost 6 years (later this summer) and have been together with my beautiful wife for 11 years in total. We have 3 beautiful children, 2 girls and a boy. Our oldest daughter (7) is adopted, from a cousin of mine who had a child too young, while my other daughter (4) and son (2) are our little creations. Together, between soccer, swimming lessons and ballet classes, we make our lives interesting and fun.

Now onto this blog.

For me, the title is two-fold. First it can be taken that with no matter how much you want to stay the same, your life may change, or that you will purposely do things that will change your life. Either way, the title works. My goal here is to talk about my life changing moments and the changes that I make in my life so that I may live a long happy one.

Hope you follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment