Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Feeling crappy

Woke up this morning and I felt like crap. Not sure why as when I went to bed last night I was feeling fine. I did lose about 30mins sleep last night as I went to bed a bit later than usual, but 30mins shouldn't affect me THAT much.

On another note (which may or may not be related), I drank over 2L of fresh juice yesterday. One liter was fruit and the other was vegetable. By the time I made it home for supper, I was starting to get hungry and a headache was forming. I will see how today goes to see if I need to increase my juice consumption in order to keep me full all day long. Keep in mind that the juice wasn't the only items consumed yesterday, as I had a small breakfast and lunch (they were much smaller than what I usually eat). My goal is to use the juice to limit my cravings throughout the day so that I my lose some weight while eating healthier. As for the juices, I do have to say that I'm liking the fruit juices much more than the vegetable juices, even though I'm using tested recipes (as oppose to just mixing a bunch of veggies).

For reference, today's fruit juice consists of pears, apples and fennel, while my vegetable juice consists of tomatoes, carrots, apples, parsley, thyme, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Yesterday's fruit juice consisted of pears, apples, grapes, ginger root and cinnamon, while the vegetable juice contained carrots, celery, apples, yellow pepper, cucumber and zucchini. I do have to say that I really like the taste and smell of coriander (even though it is not in these juices) and will be adding it to many of my vegetable juices to make them more palatable.

And now for a lyric quote.

"The time that we kill keeps us alive"
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, Rise Against (Siren Songs of the Counter Culture)

No comments:

Post a Comment