Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Numbers game

So I took measurements last weekend to see where I stand in reference to being healthy. Let's just say that I'm not even on the chart. I weighed in at 288lbs and for a guy my height I should be weighing in between 148lbs and 195lbs. No way will I ever get that low. One website did offer me some kind of consolation as it listed 234lbs as an "ideal" weight. Now that I would be somewhat happy with. My Body Mass Index (BMI) is a whopping 37. Again, far above the standard 25. As for my waist size, it came in at a nice 45.5 inches which is higher than the standard 37 inches (for males). Now for my Blood Pressure, I don't feel my numbers are totally accurate as I was at the beginning of a cold (see previous post), but it came in at 143/86 which is VERY high and I'm on meds to control it. When my physician measured it earlier that week, he told me it was 128/82 and he was content with that. My resting heart rate came in at 86, which again is high, but previous results have been around 78. So I think my cold symptoms may have had an effect on the readings. When I do my numbers again in 2 weeks (I try to take my numbers twice a month), I should have a better reading.

Overall, I've set a high bar to try to get under and I'm really not happy about it. This definitely gives me more motivation to keep drinking the juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment