Thursday, June 3, 2010

Another Run Challenge

Since I recently completed my 1st Half Marathon this year (should have been 2nd) and my goal is to do 3 this year, I have to start planning for my next run. Don't get me wrong, I will NOT be running 3 half marathons this year, but reaching 2 will be somewhat of a success.

The next Half Marathon I plan to run is the Army Run Half Marathon (ARHM) scheduled for September 19, 2010. Since this is a Nationwide event, I will be running it in Ottawa. From some e-mail exchange with friends, it looks like 2 (and possibly 3) of my close friends will also be running this event.

With this event I need to start training now, but since I'm still in recovery mode, I'm going to wait until after I comeback from Baltimore MD (business trip) before training. This ultimately means that I will be missing the first 2 weeks of training (8 days), but I'm still in decent shape from the last half so I don't expect any problems with my first runs or getting back into it.

My goal for this Half is to set another Personal Best time and to have less training days missed (other than the 8 I have planned).

No comments:

Post a Comment