Thursday, April 1, 2010

2010 Life Goals - 1st Quarter review

Before I begin to talk about how I've done to this point of the year, here's what my 2010 goals are.

Goal #1 - Lose 24 lbs.
Since the beginning of this year I've managed to lose 20 pounds. Most of that came when I was doing the Master Cleanse at the beginning of February. Once it was over, I did put back on some of the weight, but in the last couple of weeks, I've seen that number drop. My goal from this point on is to keep losing the weight slowly and keep it off for a long time afterward.

Goal #2 - Run 3 Half Marathons
Well due to being ill 2 days before the scheduled date of the 1st half marathon, I'm still looking to run my 1st HM of the year. This means, that I probably won't get to run 3 HMs this year, as there are none after October. I'm already registered for a half marathon at the end of May, and my next one will either be in September or October of this year (date and location TBD). So if I can still run 2, and have Personal Best times for both, I will be happy with that.

Goal #3 - Spend less money on irrelevant things.
Since 2010 began, I have only gone out for lunch 2 times, once with my work group to celebrate the arrival of 2 new employees, and once because I didn't have any juice made for that day. As for breakfast, the only time I have gone out was a few days before starting the Master Cleanse and I did it more for a treat than anything. So essentially, I haven't been spending money on irrelevant things to this point in the year.

Goal #4 - Focus more at work.
Up until this week, I've been very committed to my work. I managed to complete a big project that I've been working on for several months now, and I'm quite happy with that. Now, I'm currently between big projects and my interests has diminished a bit, but I know I will be right back at it once the next project comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment