Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NCHM Challenge - Run # 66

Well, in the heat yesterday (+30 C) I tried to make it out for my last long run before the event.

Here are my numbers


My resultsComments
Type of RunSteadyvarious walking not great
Distance10 Km4 Kmtotal: 394 km
Pace7:197:03not good
Average HR137-148 ???see below
Max HR180???see below
Calories Burned
480total: 48503

At about 2k out I was feeling good despite the heat, but by 3k I was done.I started walking at 3.5k and by 4k I could not run/jog any more. Because I walked home from 4k (another 1.5k) I don't have good numbers for my HR, and my calories is a best guess for that distance. Only 2 more runs before the event, thankfully they are calling for cooler temperatures the day of the event.

At the moment I'm starting to get worried as my motivation to run is just not there. I'm thinking 18 weeks of training is too long as weeks 10-15 were good, but the past few have not been. I may need to re-vamp my training schedule for the next one so that I can peak at the right time and not fade out in the end like I seem to be doing right now. Hopefully everything goes well on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment