Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HHM Challenge - Run #10

Made it to run #10, only 68 more to go. Today's run was suppose to be a Tempo run, where speed is the key, and running at or around 80% of your Max HR. The key to Tempo runs is that they should be run on a flat area with little problems with the weather (ie. rain, snow, wind). Unfortunately for me, where I work does not have any real flat areas. My usual weekday run starts off at one point and continues slowly downwards for 1.5km then flattens out for 1.5km. If I take that route, I'd have to walk 1.5km before running or do 1.5km downhill then 1.5km uphill. Another route starts off going up then drops down until 1.5km goes flat for 1km then goes back uphill for the next 0.5km (and that hill is a good one). This is the route I took today and boy did that last hill hurt me. I had to cut my 5:1 short at 4min to walk part way up the hill in order to catch my breath and not let my HR get too high. There may be another option that has a good hill at the beginning but flat the rest of the way. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Here are my numbers



My results
Comments
Type of Run
Tempo
5:1
should be steady
Distance
3 Km
3 Km
total: 40km
Pace
6:36
6:38
close
Average HR
145-163
156
perfect
Max HR
181
176
good
Calories Burned

388
total: 5276

As you can see, even with not making it up the hill in time, my pace was almost perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment