Wednesday, March 17, 2010

NCHM Challenge - Run # 30

Well, today was the first day of Hill training and I have a decent hill near my work, so I made it out. The interesting thing is that during my warm up and cool down I go down and up an even better hill. Unfortunately getting to that hill would not provide enough warm up/cool down and I would have to cross an intersection each time. So I don't use that hill, it just makes for a harder cool down.

Here are my numbers


My resultsComments
Type of RunHillssteadygreat
Distance3 hills5.6 Kmtotal: 137.1 km
Pace6:366:46see below
Average HR148-159 147see below
Max HR180206too high
Calories Burned
680total: 17290

As you can see, my pace was off. Keep in mind that this is the average pace for my complete run, where 2.3k was hills and 3.3k was warm up and cool down. My time for going up and down the hill was 5:00 and my pace was 6:35/km which is exactly where it should be. Because I did more slow pace running, my Average HR was a little low, but trust me, it was up there when I was going up the hills, as you can tell my the Max HR. Overall, this is the longest and furthest I've run non-stop during this training.

No comments:

Post a Comment