Wednesday, February 24, 2010

NCHM Challenge - Run # 14

Oops! I forgot to update my numbers from yesterday's run.

Here they are:


My resultsComments
Type of RunTemponon-stopgood
Distance 3 Km3 Kmtotal: 57 km
Pace6:366:11very good
Average HR148-159 159good
Max HR180171good
Calories Burned
395total: 7462

After speaking with a buddy of mine who teaches running classes, I discovered that I was doing my Tempo runs the wrong way. Instead of trying to run my whole distance at a fast pace, I'm suppose to do a small warm up then do a good distance at 80% Max HR and then do a small cool down. So that is what I did for this run. I started off with a 600 m warm up, then I did 1.8 km at 5:50/km pace and finished with a 600 m cool down. As you can see from the numbers, everything fell into place nicely and the run was very good. By the last 400 m of the fast part, I was starting to feel it. Today is another Tempo run, 1 km longer, and I will try to do roughly the same thing. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment